37th Youth Science Meeting
After the success of the 36th edition of the Youth Science Meeting, in Bragança, this year we challenge you to discover the “city of students”… Coimbra. With one of the world’s oldest universities, Coimbra is not only a city with deeply rooted traditions but also a very meaningful testimony to history, hiding what is recognized as one of the world’s finest libraries.
Join the discussion of your science project with youngsters from all over the world and discover the innovations that will mark your future. Attend lectures about the latest inventions and get your hands-on work with workshops from different scientific areas. Everything while you enjoy the wide range of stunning landscapes, architectonical wonders that Coimbra has to offer.
The Youth Science Meeting will be hosted between July 23rd and July 30th and will be receiving 90 participants (youngsters with ages between 15 and 25 from several different countries).
Enter this epic demand to uncover the Mystery!
Coimbra is full of history. Besides being home to one of the world’s oldest universities, some of Europe’s best-preserved Roman mosaics and old monuments illustrating every chapter of the history of architecture, from Romanesque to Manueline and Baroque, Coimbra was also the stage to a real-life “Romeo and Juliet” story, the tragedy of Prince Pedro and Inês.
In nowadays, Coimbra is known as “the city of students” and was classified as World Heritage by Unesco in 2013: “Coimbra offers an outstanding example of an integrated university city with a specific urban typology as well as its own ceremonial and cultural traditions that have been kept alive through the ages.”
Students often sing that “Coimbra has more charm in the hour of parting” now is your time to prove it.
Here you will find all the information about YSM 2109.
-Participants should have at least fifteen years old during the registration period and no more than twenty-five years old.
-Participants can attend individually or in a small group of at most 4 elements.
-Participants should have a good understanding of both written and spoken English
– Participants should create a small project by yourself about any area of science to present in the second day of YSM to your fellow colleagues, during fifteen minutes.
– Participants should fill the registration form available at www.ajc.pt until 20th April 2019 for international participants and national participants (1st phase).
– All Participants must submit a maximum 5 minutes video in English explaining the project submitted. The video must be published to YouTube and the link must be provided upon registration.
– All Participants are required to fill out an abstract provided in an editable pdf below. The abstract (brief summary which provides the most relevant aspects of the project) must have a maximum of 250 words.
– All projects must have a research paper written in English with a maximum of 10 A4 pages (max. 6 pages for written content + max. 4 pages with attachments). The research paper must be submitted in pdf.
Member of AJC – 90€
Nacional Participants non-members of AJC – 130€
National Participants Merit Scholarship* – 50€
International Participants ** – 300€
International Supervisors** – 350€
* Attributed to participants of projects that take part in a special contest designed by the organizing committee. By entering the contest, the participants accept to become AJC’s members.
**The registration fee includes transfer at arrival and departure from the airport of Oporto at a fixed time (only on the respective days of arrival and departures), if this time does not work for you other alternatives could be arranged.
Bank Name: Caixa Geral de Depósitos (CGD)
Account name: Associação Juvenil de Ciência
NIB: 0035 0836 00002689430 75
IBAN: PT50 0035 0836 00002689430 75
All the registration fees cover the total cost of the programme over 7 days; all meals and accommodation, lectures, social programme, scientific visits, entrance charges and travel to all programmed events.
After your selection (following the e-mail notification), the registration fee should be paid until 8th June (for international participants) or 29th June (for national participants), otherwise, your participation will not be approved.
The organizing committee will be responsible for reviewing and checking the originality and quality of works submitted. After the judges’ deliberation, you will receive an email notification. Should you successfully receive confirmation of your entry you should proceed to pay the registration fee in order to validate your participation.